Senior Proposal Manager
Category: Business Development and Marketing
Location: Herndon, VA US
Minimum Clearance: None
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Work closely with and collaboratively with Sales Channel Managers, Engineering staff, Consultant Subject Matter Experts and teammates during the capture phase to pre-position proposal concepts into capture strategy and planning for the company’s strategic proposal efforts.
- Plan, strategize, and position the proposal, including developing win themes, best value propositions, discriminators, and graphics.
- Maintain focus on the win strategy throughout the proposal process, and infuse that strategy and its resultant tactics effectively throughout the entire proposal.
- Analyze the solicitation, identify all requirements and criteria for evaluation, and prepare and distribute the detailed proposal schedule, compliance matrix, outline and guidelines.
- Respond rapidly to solicitation amendments and implement required changes to proposal.
- Develop and manage the proposal team, working with line organization management to identify and assign key proposal leaders (technical, management, security, resumes, past performance, etc.) and allocate proposal personnel and resources.
- Work with Capture team and business unit (Terrestrial/Satellite) management to identify cost volume lead and pricing volume lead; ensure cross-pollination and consistency of pricing with other volumes.
- Identify roles and responsibilities to the detail level; communicates tasks and objectives clearly and unambiguously and ensures accountability on all requirements.
- Work with Color Review Lead to ensure sufficient time/resources/reviewers are aligned for color team reviews.
- Support development of automated status reports and briefings for Executive management using SharePoint; prepares, presents, conducts, and participates in reviews at all stages in the proposal.
- Define, document, implement, and support continual proposal process improvement.
- Assist business unit managers and staff in understanding and implementing capture management and proposal development best practices; provides on the job and just in time training accordingly to line staff, proposal writers and reviewers as needed
- Act as a liaison with the Contracts department if support in proposal compliance and delivery when needed
- Maintain appropriate records and documentation; tracks, monitors, and reports data to support proposal development and Quality Management compliance.
- Establish short and long-term proposal objectives consistent with organizational strategy.
- Participate in planning and policy development issues.
- Prepare and monitor proposal budget for products, services and contractor support.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Strong desktop publishing skills with telecommunications proposal experience
- Must have experience developing proposals for U.S DoD and/or other Federal agencies.
- 5+ years of related proposal preparation experience in a government contracting environment experience
- 2+ years proposal management experience
- Experience working in and using version control within SharePoint environment
What We Can Offer You:
- 90% or more remote working
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- Opportunity for career growth in a fast pace environment with opportunities to learn about emerging technologies
- For over 30+ years, Artel has been a leader in the Service Integration space, mentoring and developing future leaders in the Service Integration industry