Solutions that set the standard
Since 1986, Artel has delivered a full range of tailored network and IT solutions. Our leading-edge technologies cover the full lifecycle process, from strategic business analysis and planning to full implementation, operation and management services. Our commitment to partnership and innovation makes it possible for customers all over the world to communicate securely, reliably and affordably.
Our deep expertise and technical resources ensure that our solutions are reliable, fast and secure―whenever and wherever they are needed. These solutions support tens of thousands of government end-users on multiple platforms all over the world. In addition, we provide engineering support and training throughout the entire duration of service, including implementation, operations and maintenance phases.
Thorough engineering analysis and modeling enables us to keep designs cost-effective. And by partnering with government and industry leaders, we are able to expand the scope, quality and power of each capability.
Secure Mobility Solutions.
As mobility becomes more and more critical to success in an increasingly virtual world, Artel continues to develop secure solutions that effectively address growing COMSATCOM challenges for warfighters and customers alike.
We understand the complexity of maintaining secure, reliable connectivity across a wide range of mobile devices and applications in disparate, harsh environments. And that’s why the U.S. military and its allies across the globe trust us to deliver proven performance from the command center to the last tactical mile.
Cross Domain Enterprise Solutions
The U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) needed enterprise-wide, cross-domain solutions risk management; security testing; and certification and accreditation support that could grow and evolve with the customer mission.
Artel developed a lifecycle cyber security solution for the Cross Domain Enterprise Service (CDES), supporting the transfer of data between classified and unclassified networks with high assurance, speed and integrity. Our test engineers pioneered the testing of emerging hardware/software guard technologies and delivered security, performance and functional testing.
Artel also delivered Certification & Accreditation (C&A) support by developing C&A packages, testing plans and procedures, hardware and systems using both NIST and DITSCAP certification processes and methodology. An Artel cyber expert provided insight into the latest policies, plans, operational considerations and testing methodologies.
- The exponential growth of the Cross Domain Solutions team and their ability to develop a robust cross domain fielding capability under the Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Instruction (CJCSI)6211.02C.
- Operational and full scope security testing of new leading-edge technologies prior to acceptance by the government for purchase and use on its Cyber Battlefield.
- Customer respected independent validation and verification, security and certification test and evaluation testing designed to meet stringent NSA guidelines.
- Delivery of world-class processes, procedures and documentation for over 100 C&A packages.
The Defense Advanced Research Project Agency (DARPA) needed cost-effective, full lifecycle software development; customer support for their financial user community; and strong security at each stage to manage an annual $3 billion budget.
Artel supports all preparations for the Comptroller’s Systems Certification and Accreditation (C&A), staying abreast of emerging information technology and security policy changes to ensure that DARPA remains an early-adopter of both mandated and best practices. Artel delivered a secure, cost-effective, robust, compliant financial system, and integrated continuous improvement processes, software upgrades, auditing and training services. We continue to conduct an annual security gap analysis to determine the Comptroller’s overall security needs and implement improvements.In addition, we
- Developed a library of C&A artifacts to contribute to audit readiness.
- Developed and implemented a secure coding practices procedure.
- Prepared and continue to support internal financial audits, including numerous information security controls.
- Provided training for financial systems, including “just-in-time” training to support real-time needs.
- Assisted with the transition to the Defense Agencies Initiative (DIA is a critical DoD effort to modernize the Defense Agencies’ financial management capabilities).
- Created business intelligence (BI) solutions of different views of financial data
- Maintain compliance with HBSS, IAVA, 8570, PKI and other DoD security initiatives.
- A cost-effective, robust, compliant financial system that supports DARPA’s mission of maintaining the U.S. military’s technological superiority.
Network Operations Recovery
In early March 2013 seven submarine cable-cuts occurred in the Middle East, primarily the result of terrorist actions. These cable-cuts caused significant problems for the transmission of voice/data/video for millions of people and resulted in numerous circuits not operating at full capacity or meeting Service Level Agreement (SLA) requirements.
Artel’s engineers quickly mobilized to identify the problem and devised a re-routing plan based upon 24/7 joint simultaneous circuit testing via Artel’s Network Operations Center (NOC), a strategic partner’s NOC and the customer’s NOC. In less than 10 days, the re-routing and optimization of all circuits was completed. The Artel team achieved full operating transmission capacity, meeting the SLA contract requirements and resolving previous intermittent latency issues.
The customer was impressed with Artel’s ability to rapidly resolve a significant problem in record time. Artel continues to deliver quality solutions to this customer and has expanded its services.